Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal |

This is a simple oatmeal recipe using steel cut oats that all 3 of my boys enjoy. Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal | Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal | Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal | Baked apple cinnamon oatmeal is very simple to make and one that can be made when you know you’re going to have a busy morning as the majority of the cook time is done in the oven.

Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

Baked apple cinnamon oatmeal is a simple to make and nourishing breakfast your entire family will enjoy.

• 1 1/2 cups Organic Steel Cut Oats
  • 4 small or 2 large apples (I used organic fuji apples)
  • 2 farm fresh eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tbl butter
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • cinnamon

1. Soak your steel cut oats the night before. About an inch of water over your oats.
  2. The next morning, drain your steel cut oats in a colander to get rid of excess water and place them in a baking dish.
  3. Chop and dice your apples and stir into the oats.
  4. In a small bowl, mix the eggs, milk, maple syrup, and butter. Stir into your oats.
  5. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
  6. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes.
  7. Once the oatmeal is done, serve into bowls. Add some whole milk and sprinkle with cinnamon.

Have you ever made a baked apple cinnamon oatmeal before? Tell me, what’s your favorite flavor of oatmeal?

15 Responses to "Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal"
  1. Anonymous says:

Thanks for the recipe – my wife (Pat) is going to try it! Steve Bendy

2. Jenny @ Nourished Kitchen says:

Awesome! I LOVE the inclusion of apples in your version.

3. Kelly the Kitchen Kop says:

This looks sooooo tasty! Thanks for joining in on Real Food Wednesday! :)

4. Hope says:

I made this for breakfast today and it was YUMMY! Very filling. Thanks for the recipe.

5. lydia says:

This looks yummy and I'd like to try it, can you use rolled oats instead? or does it have to be steel cut oats??

6. Tammy Walter says:

I need to make this for a 9×13 pan. Should I double it? The dish in your picture looks much smaller to me than a 9×13. Thanks for the help. It looks delicious! I can’t wait to taste it!

7. amanda says:

Hello, I have one question the recipe its self calls for 1/2 cup of maple syrup. However, in the steps it does not mention syrup it mentions brown sugar. Which one is it? Thanks

• Diana Bauman says:

Amanda, when I originally posted this recipe, I had used brown sugar; however, for quite some time now I’ve subbed maple syrup and tastes great! I’ll have to change that, so thanks for catching that.

8. Emma says:

So encouraging to see people cooking the right food for their family! Your kids look so happy:)
    I would love to try it with the old fashioned rolled oat that I have. Just wondering if soaking overnight is too long for rolled oats. Have anyone tried it yet? Thanks!