Farmers Market Day alway’s calls for something special. One of my special finds of the day was Robiola Goat Cheese made by Reichert’s Dairy Air. It’s an exclusive Italian style goat cheese that Lori Reichert traveled to Italy to learn and make. Click Here for more info. With Spinach still in high season, I thought it would make a great bed to layer Carmelized Onions and my new Robiola goat cheese over. Enjoy!
Sauteed Spinach with Carmelized Onions and Robiola Goat Cheese
- 1lb Spinach
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 medium sweet yellow onions, sliced
- 3-4 Tbl butter
- 2 oz Robiola Cheese from Reichert’s Dairy Air
- In a medium saucepan, add 3-4 tbl butter and saute the onions until carmelized. Make sure to stir them often so they brown evenly and do not burn. Set Aside
- In the same saucepan add 2 tbl EVOO. Press 3 garlic cloves into the oil and saute for a minute or so. Add the Spinach and stir until wilted.
- In a serving dish layer the Spinach, followed by the Carmelized Onions and sprinkle with the Robiola Goat Cheese.
We had this as a side dish with Grilled Ribeye Steak from Harvest Barn Marketplace. This was a fantastic outdoor summer bbq meal.