Farmers Market Day alway’s calls for something special. One of my special finds of the day was Robiola Goat Cheese made by Reichert’s Dairy Air. It’s an exclusive Italian style goat cheese that Lori Reichert traveled to Italy to learn and make. With Spinach still in high season, I thought it would make a great bed to layer caramelized onions and my new Robiola goat cheese over sauteed spinach. Enjoy!
A simple spring or fall side dish of sauteed spinach with caramelized onion and robiola goat cheese.
- 1lb spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 2tbl extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium sweet yellow onions, sliced
- 3 tbls butter
- 2 oz Robiola Cheese from Reichert's Dairy Air
- In a medium saucepan, add 3 tbl butter and saute the onions until caramelized. Make sure to stir them often so they brown evenly and do not burn. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same saucepan add 2 tbl EVOO. Add the garlic into the oil and saute for a minute or so. Add the Spinach and stir until wilted.
- In a serving dish layer the Spinach, followed by the Carmelized Onions and sprinkle with the Robiola Goat Cheese.