Although I’m not a big sweets person, I couldn’t think of a better time to use up my freshly picked strawberries and locally grown rhubarb than National Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Day. I didn’t bake a pie, (As I’m still a clutz at baking!) so I made a much simpler cobbler. It was simply YUMM!
Happy Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Day!
Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
For the filling
- 1lb rhubarb
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tbsp. spelt flour
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries
For the dough
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp. chilled butter cut in pieces
- 1/2 c. plain or homemade yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Dice rhubarb. Toss with honey and flour, put in baking dish and place in oven for 7 minutes while preparing cobbler dough.
- For cobbler dough mix flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter. Stir in honey and yogurt just until moistened (Don’t overmix).
- Remove rhubarb from oven and mix in strawberries.
- Place cobbler dough on top of rhubarb and strawberries.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Serve warm.