I’m thrilled! After 31 years, I’m finally getting my Spanish Citizenship!! Woo Hoo!! I’ll have dual citizenships from the United States and Spain. My mother just returned from the Spanish embassy in Chicago with all the paperwork necessary. To commemorate, my family had a fantastic bbq including a staple in our house called Aliño. A Spanish potato salad with a variety of flavors including olives, tuna and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It has a nice spice created by the onions and complemented by the Olive Oil.
- 6 medium sized potato’s, cubed
- 2 small tomato’s, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 cans of tuna in Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Spanish olives, sliced
- 4 farm fresh eggs, sliced
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher/Sea Salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add the potato’s and eggs to the boiling water, cover and boil for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the boiled potato’s, tomato’s, onion, tuna, olives and eggs. Mix in 1/2 – 3/4 cup of Olive Oil, the salt and mix through.
- Refrigerate before serving. (The Aliño can be served at room temperature or cold.)
That’s really it! Buen Provecho!!