I’m thrilled! After 31 years, I’m finally getting my Spanish Citizenship!! Woo Hoo!! I’ll have dual citizenships from the United States and Spain. My mother just returned from the Spanish embassy in Chicago with all the paperwork necessary. To commemorate, my family had a fantastic bbq including a staple in our house called Aliño. A Spanish potato salad with a variety of flavors including olives, tuna and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It has a nice spice created by the onions and complemented by the Olive Oil.

Aliño

Ingredients

• 6 medium sized potato’s, cubed
  • 2 small tomato’s, diced
  • 1/2 white onion, diced
  • 2 cans of tuna in Olive Oil
  • 1/2 cup Spanish olives, sliced
  • 4 farm fresh eggs, sliced
  • 1/2 – 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Kosher/Sea Salt to taste
  1. Bring a large pot of water to boil.
  2. Add the potato’s and eggs to the boiling water, cover and boil for 15 minutes.
  3. In a large bowl add the boiled potato’s, tomato’s, onion, tuna, olives and eggs. Mix in 1/2 – 3/4 cup of Olive Oil, the salt and mix through.
  4. Refrigerate before serving. (The Aliño can be served at room temperature or cold.)

That’s really it! Buen Provecho!!

16 Responses to Aliño

1. Hummingbird Appetite says:

I love all the flavors in this dish!

2. Hummingbird Appetite says:

I forgot to say thank you for nominating me for the Kreativ award.

3. CaptnRachel aka Tha Pizza Cutta says:

Great new flavors on an old American favorite! Thanks for sharing :D

4. Cookin' Canuck says:

Congratulations on getting your Spanish citizenship! This looks like a fabulous dish to help you celebrate.

5. Lesli Watters says:

Congratulations Diana! That's awesome….and that food looks delish!!

6. Ruth says:

Wow, congrats! Hmm potatoes, tuna, eggs, olive oil! Hmm True Spanish Heaven! All the flavours are there! What Olive oil do you use?

7. whineaux says:

This looks great and congratulations!

8. Gera @ SweetsFoods says:

Congrats – Felicitaciones now that you’ve now dual citizenships!

Celebrate a full with this flavorful Aliño, me encanta esta ensalada :)

Cheers,

Gera

9. Liz says:

Hi! Congratulations for your new Citizenship! And this salad is just gorgeous. At home, we usually make one very similar to yours. But this is so perfect!

10. Robin says:

Congrats! I really love your blog. I traveled in Spain for a delicious three weeks many years ago and it has stayed with me ever since. I'll be stopping by regularly here!

thats wonderful great to have a European passport, welcome to the EU lOL

12. Miranda says:

Great site…Awesome Recipe.

Thank you for visiting my site….

Thank you so much for your comments! I am super excited to be an "official" Spaniard!

Ruth, Olive Oil is so expensive in the states (GRR!!) since it's really the only type of oil I use I buy a large jar from Costco, It's from Italy and cold pressed.

Robin – Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! I'm so glad you have been able to visit Spain! Stop by often, looking forward to getting to know you :)

14. Sweta says:

Congratulations Di-you must be SO excited,I can almost picture you doing the flamenco ;)
    Never tried an Aliño before-sounds great!!

15. charlie5021 says:

Hola -That is my kind of entree-salad.
    Quiero un poco de eso.