Homemade Nutella

Homemade Nutella. The wonderful creamy, silky, chocolatey, hazelnut spread that is adored by chocolate lovers throughout the world! Me being me, I had to try my hand at making it at home! If it can be packaged, it can be made at home… much healthier. I altered this recipe a bit from Steph Chows blog. I added coconut oil to make it a bit silkier and to add a bit of nutritional punch!

Did you know — Coconut oil improves digestion, strengthens the immune system, and protects against bacterial, viral, and fungal infections.

(You can tell in the image that it’s a little bit chunkier than I had wanted. My blender burned out a couple weeks ago making homemade gyro’s :( I used my mini food processor which did the best it possibly could.. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can… LOL!)

• 1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
  • 2 tbs cocoa powder
  • 3 tbs real maple syrup
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbs coconut oil

1. Roast hazelnuts in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.

2. Remove the skins by rubbing them with your hands.

3. Blend the hazelnuts in a food processor or blender until they form into a thick butter.
  4. Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
  5. Put into a jar and refrigerate.

Buen Provecho!!

This post is a part of Real Food Wednesday hosted by kellythekitchencop.com and cheeseslave.com.

Nutella on Foodista

7 Responses to "Homemade Nutella"
  1. Marillyn 'Mare' Beard says:

No fair!! I have that on my list of things I want to make for the blog… LOL!! Yummy? Creamy? Smooth? I can't wait to try! I bet it is the same recipe that I found too :o) LOL!

2. Simply Life says:

Wow, I've never even thought of making homemade Nutella but that is one treat I love! Great idea – thanks for sharing!

3. Alyss says:

I made homemade nutella a while back and it was fantastic!! I used some virgin coconut oil and some expeller pressed to keep the coconutty flavor (and cost) down a little. I thought about spreading it on toast, but ended up eating most of it out of the jar with a spoon. Lovely photos!

4. realfoodmama says:

Oh my goodness that looks amazing! I love nutella but I never buy it anymore…I had no idea I could make it AT HOME!!

Thanks so much for this post! I am definitely going to give it a shot.

– RFM

5. Sarah says:

I made it tonight and we loved it! I hope it's ok that I posted it on my blog. I did link back to this post. Thanks!

6. ValleyWriter says:

This looks yummy – and so easy! I'll be trying it soon, for sure!

7. Deq-Na says:

Hi SpainInIowa , I'm Deq-Na from krazee kitchen .. I was googling and came across your homemade nutella recipe .. And I luve it so so so so much .. I decided to post it in my blog .. and I credited you :) I hope you don't mind