Homemade Nutella. The wonderful creamy, silky, chocolatey, hazelnut spread that is adored by chocolate lovers throughout the world! Me being me, I had to try my hand at making it at home! If it can be packaged, it can be made at home… much healthier. I altered this recipe a bit from Steph Chows blog. I added coconut oil to make it a bit silkier and to add a bit of nutritional punch!
Did you know — Coconut oil improves digestion, strengthens the immune system, and protects against bacterial, viral, and fungal infections.
(You can tell in the image that it’s a little bit chunkier than I had wanted. My blender burned out a couple weeks ago making homemade gyro’s I used my mini food processor which did the best it possibly could.. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can… LOL!)
- 1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 3 tbs real maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- Roast hazelnuts in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the skins by rubbing them with your hands.
- Blend the hazelnuts in a food processor or blender until they form into a thick butter.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Put into a jar and refrigerate.
This post is a part of Real Food Wednesday hosted by kellythekitchencop.com and cheeseslave.com.