Gazpacho. One of my favorite summer treats is this cold soup that makes its way into every tapas bar across Spain during the hot summer months. There really is no better way to enjoy this than to handpick your very own ripe tomatoes off the vine. The richness and freshness of the tomatoes make it worth every ounce of labor to garden for. If you don’t have a home garden, I recommend to use the freshest, ripest tomatoes from your local farmers market. It really does make a difference in color, in texture, and in taste.

You can adjust ingredients according to taste

• 1/2 sweet green pepper (If using Italian Marconi’s, 1 whole pepper)
  • 1/4 large white onion
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 4 large fresh, ripe tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
  • salt to taste
  • diced cucumber and tomato to garnish

1. Combine the pepper, onion, and garlic in a food processor or blender.
  2. Once blended, add the tomatoes, evoo, vinegar and salt.
  3. Puree the ingredients until everything is well blended into a thick pink liquid.
    My mami, blending away in my kitchen! Isn’t she so cute!!

4. Add ice cubes and refrigerate until ready to serve.
  5. Before serving garnish with cucumber and tomatoes.

15 Responses to Monday’s with Mami – Gazpacho

1. FOODnTRAVELla says:

Healthy and easy to follow recipe. Will try it out.

This is just one of those perfect summer posts! It looks so bright and refreshing…I could sit on on the deck and be in gazpacho heaven w/ a bowl of this!

3. Hummingbird Appetite says:

What a way to make gazpacho, especially with tomatoes from your garden!
    On another note, I don't know how black garlic is fermented. It may require more industrialized equipment.

this is great love your mummy

5. juliecache says:

how much ice? I haven't had gazpacho for years.

6. Amy says:

Did your Mami ever use bread? I always think of gazpacho as having bread in it because I first had it in Sevilla and that was how it was there.

What a gorgeous gazpacho! I bet it's just so good with heirlooms from your own garden!

8. Erica says:

I am a big fan of gazpacho!!! I have my own recipe and I love it.

9. Tien says:

Hi, Diana,
    Can you email me at thuytienthi@hotmail.com? Sincerely, Tien :)

10. camelia says:

Hello,

We bumped into your blog and we really liked it – great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

enjoy your recipes.

and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
    petitchef.com

11. [...] abundance of tomatoes.  We’ve been eating them fresh and in a variety of recipes including gazpacho.  I’ve also been preserving them as salsa and freezing for the [...]

12. [...] Or the deepest crimson tomatoes perfectly ripe for an afternoon gazpacho. [...]

13. [...] been able to eat a lot of summer vegetables in cold soups, tarts, salads, tortilla, [...]

14. [...] Namely, grilled cheese sandwiches or blt’s that I serve with cold gazpacho soup. [...]