It’s Sunday evening and I had such a great day. My family and I spent our Sunday afternoon visiting local farms at an event called farmcrawl and needless to say, the kids are out for the night! I took many great pics that I’ll be sure to share this week!
I wanted to take some time and thank some foodie friends for various blog awards! Thank you so much for visiting, commenting, and befriending me on the blogosphere
I’ve received foodie awards in the past that I’ve failed to mention, and for that I’m so sorry! Life get’s the better of me, but I wanted to thank you for thinking of me. Blog awards always make me smile
In the past week, I’ve received two blog awards!
Simply Life left me a Kreativ Blogger Award! Thank you! I just love visiting Simply Life. She’s also a locavore (a person that eats local from family farmers) and has amazing recipes! Seriously, check out her latest…. Pumpkin Spice Pancakes!
I’m supposed to share 7 things you might not know of me, so here goes…
- I really like McDonald’s happy meals, EEEK, I know! I try to limit myself to two a month.
- I have two sisters that are my best friends in the whole wide world!
- My husband and I are praying about living on an acreage one day and he’s given me the okay to buy my very own Jersey Cow!
- I enjoy grocery shopping! Any store that sells food, I love!
- I’m very much like my mother’s side of the family, we talk to ourselves, lol!
- I wish I could keep my house clean. Unfortunately, I would rather spend my free time, gardening!
- To me, gardening is therapy. Yes, I enjoy pulling weeds.
My next award came from Roz, from La Bella Vita!
- Jenny from Hummingbird Appetite – Jenny is such a sweetie! She’s currently visiting her parents and grandparents in Korea with her husband. She’s an amazing cook and takes amazing pictures!
- Erica from My Colombian Recipes – Erica rocks! Her authentic Colombian recipes should be staples in every kitchen. I’ve learned so much from her recipes.
- Alta from Tasty Eats at Home – Alta is amazing at creating recipes gluten free. She has a great weekly post that focuses on teaching her family about cooking foods from other countries. Each child takes a turn picking a place and with her help they come up with a dish! Such a great way to teach diversity and opening up ones palate!
- Amber at Native Food and Wine – One of my new favorite blogs. Amber writes about visiting local farms, eating local and recipes. A beautiful blog with great pictures!
- Andrea at Wellness Notes - I love Andrea’s blog! She really interacts with her readers and teaches us about living simply and enjoying life.
- Heather from Girlichef – Heather, WOW, what can I say about Heather….. She’s AWESOME!! Her recipes are amazing and she has a true knowledge of food! Her step by step pictures are mouth watering and you will never leave uninspired!
- Rebecca from Chow and Chatter – Rebecca is a dietician and writer. She has a love for her family and always encourages me! I think most people can agree with me that Rebecca is genuine and such a nice person! Thank you Rebecca for your friendship, Un beso Amiga!
- Ruth from I Love Flavour Me – Ruth is portuguese and English. I LOVE her recipes! We definitely love the same kinds of foods! She has lived in Spain as well Ruth is a mother and teacher and unfortunately, has been having some problems with her internet, bah! Besos Ruth!
- Miriam from The Winter Guest – Miriam has a beautiful blog! She lives in Madrid Spain and knows her way around the kitchen. She has some of the best bread recipes that I’ve seen. She bakes her bread the old fashioned way, making her own sourdough yeast and doing everything by hand! She’s a gem and her pictures are out of this world!
- Kristy from My Little Space – Kristy is one of the sweetest people around! So happy and eager to lift ones spirits! She has amazing recipes as well! Kristy is from Malaysia.
- Natasha from 5 Star Foodie – Natasha is a creative in the kitchen. Her recipes are well… unbelievable. She has a tendency to make food look like art. She has been on a mission to visit all 5 star restaurants and review them. She has an amazing writing voice and sophisticated approach to her reviews.
- Kristen from Flexy Fare – Kristen is such a great person to follow. She is a grad student and also loves to grow her own veggies and make up recipes using them. She makes a killer larabar!!
- Liz from La cuisine, quelle aventure ! Liz is my foodie friend from Spain. She writes her blog in three languages; French, Spanish, and English. She’s in her first year of college and has a love of cooking. She’s such a sweet and kind hearted person and I hope to sit with her over a tapita one day in Spain!!
These are just a short list of some of the blogs I enjoy keeping up with. I keep running into great blogs by the day and do plan on sharing more! Until next time!!