These muffins are just right. Topped with homemade persimmon cream cheese and sprinkled with turbinado raw cane sugar from Wholesome Sweeteners.
Coconut Flour Persimmn Muffins Topped with Homemade Persimmon Cream Cheese
-adapted from Elana’s Pantry, Blueberry Muffins
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ½ teaspoon aluminum free baking soda
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup persimmons, cut into small dices
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, salt and baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, honey, coconut oil and vanilla and blend well with a hand mixer
- Mix dry ingredients into wet, blending with a hand mixer
- Gently fold in persimmons
- Place batter in paper lined muffin tins
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
Ingredients (cream cheese topping)
- 1 cup homemade cream cheese (you can sub store bought cream cheese)
- 3/4 cup pureed persimmons
- 1 1/2 tbls raw honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
Combine all ingredients and add more honey or spices to taste. Add a dollop of persimmon cream cheese topping on the muffins and sprinkle with turbinado raw cane sugar.
These make a nourishing and wholesome snack that your kids will love! Enjoy!!
This post is part of Food Renegade’s Fight Back Friday!