What are you serving on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Any special side dishes you’d like to suggest? How about biscuits? Any great biscuit recipes I should know about? Thanks so much! I can use all the help I can get
Brussels Sprout and Bacon Gratin
- 1lb Brussels sprouts, rinsed and cut in half
- 2/3 cup full fat cream
- 2/3 cup full fat milk
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbls butter
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and sliced into small pieces
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- In a small bowl mix together the cream, milk and parmesan cheese.
- In an ovenproof dish, place a layer of Brussels sprouts and sprinkle with half of the bacon pieces, followed by another layer of Brussels sprouts and the remaining bacon pieces.
- Pour the cream, milk and parmesan cheese mixture over the Brussels sprouts and bacon.
- Season with freshly ground pepper.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil, press the sprouts under the liquid and bake for an additional 35 minutes.
Other recipes of interest: Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Red Onions and Pancetta