A perk to being a featured publisher on Foodbuzz is being able to participate in the Tastemaker Program. This program allows featured publishers to receive product to review. In November, Foodbuzz announced a partnership with Asian Food Grocer and sent out invitations to receive a $30 credit towards this online Asian Grocer. Before I participate in any Tastemaker program I always make sure they align with my own blog and mission. They most certainly carry items I would use. From organic naturally fermented soy sauce, fish sauce, organic soba noodles and soba green tea noodles, hoisin sauce, to super cute origami paper. I did order all of the above and unfortunately for me, my youngest son was then in the stage of throwing everything he possibly could into the trash. I am sure that is where my soy and hoisin sauce ended up
It took me awhile to finally post my recipe for this program as it took place in the chaos of the Foodbuzz festival and I was NOT familiar with cooking asian food at all!! Since then, my sister and I started visiting Thai and Asian authentic restaurants around my area and I started to take close notice of what I was ordering and eating. I found that I really enjoy Pad Thai and Vietnamese Beef Pho, so good!! For my recipe below, buckwheat soba noodles, pork and bok choy make up this Thai inspired dish. An infusion of flavors include ginger, garlic, mango, and cilantro. This turned out super yummy and got the seal of approval from my sisters and hubby. What I love about this meal is how quickly it can be made. 15 minutes and your done! Before starting on this dish, make sure all your ingredients are Mise en place, (everything in it’s place… with how quickly this dish cooks, you’ll want to make sure all your prep work is done beforehand.)
Soba Noodles, Pork, and Bok Choy Topped with Mango and Cilantro
- 1lb Pork (You can use beef or chicken as well)
- 3tbls Sesame Oil
- 1 tbls freshly grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or finely minced
- 1/4 cup beef broth (preferably homemade)
- 3 tbls Hoisin Sauce
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 3/4 cup sliced bok choy
- 1 package Organic Soba Noodles
- diced mango and cilantro for garnish
- In a cast iron skillet or wok, heat 3tbls Sesame Oil until hot!
- Add the pork and toss until cooked through.
- Add the beef broth, hoisin sauce, ginger and garlic. Heat through.
- Once the sauce has heated through, add the green onions and bok choy and toss for about 3 minutes or until the bok choy has started to wilt. (Make sure to add the stems of the bok choy as well as they give the dish a wonderful crunch)
- Set aside
- In a small saucepan bring water to a boil.
- Add 2 reams of the soba noodles and boil for four minutes.
- Immediately add the soba noddles to the sauce and mix through.
- Serve immediately topped with diced mango and cilantro