Arroz Con Leche – Rice Pudding
- 1 cup brown rice like jasmine or basmati (white rice will do just fine)
- 1/2 gallon (fresh) whole milk
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3 eggs
- lemon rind of one lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- ground cinnamon to taste
If using white rice, skip steps 1 and 2
- The night before soak the cup of brown rice in 1 quart of water adding 3-4 tablespoons of an acid medium such as whey, lemon juice, yogurt or kefir. I soaked the rice for 24 hours.
- The next day drain the rice and rinse in cold water.
- In a large pot, add the rice, 1/2 gallon of milk, raw honey, and 2 cinnamon sticks. Bring to a simmer and cover for an hour stirring every 5 – 8 minutes so the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer until the rice is tender.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream, eggs, lemon peel, and salt. Add to the pot and stir for an additional 5 minutes or so.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and pour the contents of the pan into a dish to cool.
- Once cooled down place in the refrigerator overnight. The rice pudding should be super creamy and thick.
- Top with ground cinnamon.
You can either eat the pudding warm as soon as it’s done or eat it cold the next day 😀
This post is a part of Fight Back Friday’s!