This is a special treat that infuses the herbal flavors of chamomile with sweet honey.
Honey Chamomile Frozen Custard
- 3 cups raw cream
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 2 1/2 tbls freshly dried chamomile flowers or 4-5 chamomile tea bags
- 4 farm fresh egg yolks
- canned peaches
- Place the cream and honey in a pot and bring to a simmer. (Do Not Boil)
- Take the pot off the heat and add the chamomile. Cover and steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain the loose flowers or remove the tea bags.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg yolks.
- Bring the cream and honey back to a simmer and add the yolks constantly stirring over low heat until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and immediately cool. Chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day churn your cream mixture in an ice cream maker according to it’s instructions.
- Once it’s churned, place in your freezer to harden up.
- Serve topped with canned peaches.