Today, my baby boy turns 2

He is my VBAC victory.  My baby.  My sweet… sweet… Ezekiel.  We’ll be celebrating his birthday tomorrow so that his Abuela can be here for the festivities.

I wanted to take some time to share with you through photos my life over the past few weeks.  As any gardener and homesteader knows, Spring time is a busy, busy time.  I wanted to show you some of my gardening updates and life pictures before I leave for Spain next week!  One of my prayers is that while we are gone, my hubby will keep my garden and plants watered and tended.  Totally crossing my fingers here ;)

Opening day of the farmers market was today.  I found a beautiful bunch of green garlic.  What a great edible centerpiece!
greengarlic

With the amazingly warm Spring weather that we have had my family has…

Played Ball

Built a hoop house

Cried

Picnicked

Helped mama plant Spring beds

Worked our plots at the Franklin Community Garden on Work Day

Played with new friends

Got excited for our strawberry patch that has GROWN!!
Watched seedlings grow in the Spring garden

Took pictures of brothers

Watched cousin Xavier excel at soccer!

Loved on my boys!

Tried and trying to perfect homemade Mexican chorizo

Ate mama’s failed attempts

Made Pizza

Went morel mushroom hunting with my sis

Yup, a busy past few weeks but so much fun!  The Spring garden has grown even more.  Will need to take some new pics soon and share!  Until then, thank you Jesus for my family and for this life that you have given me!

12 Responses to Life… Family, Gardening, Love

Diana, that looks really fun. I hope these kind of activities would be considered by other families here. It's such a great bonding with your whole family and the earth.

2. Kristen says:

How fun to catch a spring soccer game! Your hoop house looks great! I just posted today with some pics of my early garden. I'm soo ready for my CSA to start.

Sweet pics of your boys!

3. Anncoo says:

Lovely pics and looks really fun. Happy 2nd Birthday to Ezekiel!

He is God's gift of miracles to you! Happy birthday Ezekiel! You are such an adorable one!

5. Belinda @zomppa says:

Happy birthday, Ezekial!! What lovely photos and looks like it was a super fun day!

6. gaelle@whatareyoufeedingyourkidsthesedays.com says:

Happy Birthday to your son! I love the fact that you involve them so much in gardening and cooking. They'll remember it for life!

7. momgateway says:

Lovely son…I remember when mine was his age…they are so precious …but they grow up so fast too soon

8. WizzyTheStick says:

Wow! I feel like such a sloth in comparison. Best wishes for your son.

9. Unplanned Cooking says:

So inspiring! We meant to plant this weekend as well but things got away from us.

lovely pics thanks for sharing

Happy Birthday to Ezekiel! Diana, I know you're pretty busy right now, preparing cake and food for the party. Hope you all have a great time! May god bless you & your family.
    Blessings, Kristy
    p/s your photos are stunning! So much joy & fun. And your boys all look fantastic too.

12. Fuji Mama says:

Wow, what a fun few weeks you've been having!!! Can't wait to hear all about Spain!!!