To top your salads, add anything you have growing in your garden or what you can find at your farmers market. It’s always different when you follow the seasons. For this salad, I added fresh green onions and strawberries from my garden and local feta cheese from Reichert’s Dairy Air. With all of the organic raspberries I’ve been finding at my local markets, I couldn’t help but buy some and make a sweet and savory raspberry vinaigrette. My patch is still ripening 😉
Green Salad Fresh from the Garden with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 1 small package raspberries, mashed (save a few to top your salad)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbls raw honey
- salt and pepper to taste
For your salad
- Toss any variety of fresh lettuce, green onions, and diced ripe strawberries.
- Pour raspberry vinaigrette over the salad.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese.