Frijoles Rancheros
I am so excited to be over at Simple Bites today sharing one of my favorite Winter bean recipes.  Frijoles Rancheros or Mexican ranch style beans.

I’m also sharing how to turn this simple recipe into a one pot meal by adding a ham hock or beef brisket into the simmering pot of beans.

Pork Tacos

Homemade authentic Mexican tacos…. what’s not to like?  Beans and tacos… ultimate comfort!
Head on over to Simple Bites… Real food for the family table, and let me know what you think in the comments.
What is your comfort food in the winter months?

22 Responses to Warm Up Your Season with Beans: Frijoles Rancheros, Mexican Ranch Style Beans

1. Kristina @ spabettie says:

this looks perfectly delicious… I want them for breakfast!

much of our comfort food this time of year involves our slow cooker, which these could definitely go into! soups and grilled sandwiches to dip in…

I'm right there with you on the slow cooker Kristina! Yes, these would work perfectly in there as well :D It's time for soup!

3. Andrea says:

Yummy….

Blessings,
    andrea

4. momgateway says:

stews are definitely our comfort food in winter….

5. Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen says:

This looks great! There is nothing quite like beans – I could eat them every day!

6. Amelia PS says:

Diana: que buenos! hearty and comforting. And what a great dinner combination with the enchiladas and salsa verde. I will try them soon!

7. Maria says:

Your tacos look so delicious! Mmmm!

8. Torviewtoronto says:

soft and delicious looks delicious with healthy beans

9. penny aka jeroxie says:

I call that a hangover breakfast ;)

10. Paula - bell'alimento says:

Congratulations on your featured contributing position at Simple Bites! Love this recipe! Beans are amazing, so filling so good for you! xoxo

11. Kate @ Diethood.com says:

The perfect hearty meal … food for the soul!

12. Amy @ Homestead Revival says:

Diana, I'd like to encourage you to link up to my Bean Recipe Exchange over at Homestead Revival™. We need great recipes like your Frijoles!! They sound terrific. I want to encourage my readers to break away from the canned stuff!

13. Sense of Home says:

Looks delicious!

-Brenda

14. Sippity Sup says:

Your beans inspire me. I may have to put a pot on. GREG

15. Amy @ Homestead Revival says:

I'm so glad you linked up – Thanks! Now more bean fans will have a fabulous looking recipe. I am so excited to try this and I know my husband will be thrilled.

16. Jana says:

Those look marvelous! I simply love your blog. I can't wait to see what else you have cooked up.

Our winter comfort food at our home is my homemade White Bean Chicken Chili. It is linked up to the bean recipe exchange at one of my favorite blogs, Homestead Revival. You can also see it here:

17. [...] post original recipes and links to those I’m inspired by (Shout out to Diana Bauman’s Frijoles Rancheros.  This is the one that makes the challenge remotely possible).  Here’s the start of the [...]

18. Ivan says:

That looks so good! There are many ways you can cook beans, thanks for sharing.
    Ivan recently posted..Receta de Gallo Pinto de Costa Rica

19. [...] sides, I made homemade frijoles rancheros, Mexican rice, and pico de gallo [...]

20. […] 2. Frijoles Rancheros – Mexican Ranch Style Beans I LOVE to make beans during the baseball season. Check out a few meal ideas that can be made with prepared beans below! […]