Thanks for stopping by and linking up your Simples Lives post to our weekly blog hop.
The Twitter Chat!
There’s a lot of great stuff in the works for our first twitter chat to commemorate one year of Simple Lives Thursday.
Please save the date!
Tuesday, July 26th at 2:30-3:30pm Pacific Time / 4:30-5:30pm Central Time.
Our hashtag for the event will be #simplelives.
For those participating in the chat, we already have some great giveaways lined up and collaborators to make this event fun for everyone involved!
In the meantime make sure to follow the hosts of Simple Lives on Twitter to stay in the loop!
After our Twitter Chat, the hosts of SLT will be dedicated to one giveaway a month to our featured posts bloggers! So link up and continue to inspire us for another year to come!
Featured Posts from Last Week’s Submissions
For our featured posts, please grab the badge above and display it on your site! Link it to one of the host blogs’ posts for that specific week that you were featured.
1. Cleaning Fresh Grain at Home by Joy Filled Living.
This low-tech method of threshing means anyone with a patch of garden can grow some grains at home. It may not supply all your grain needs but it’s a wonderful experiment in self-sufficiency that gives you some appreciation for the effort that our forefathers put into their harvest.
2. Canning Outside by Home Shalom.
Canning in the heat of summer can make your kitchen the last place you want to be, so why not move outdoors?!
3. About Cherries, In Which Ill Gross You Out by Improves with Age.
How frugal do you think you are? We love this gal’s honesty and humor over saving her freshly picked cherries.
4. Grape leaf wrapped camembert by cookblog.
This author knows what he’s doing when it comes to to the “basics” of aging, drying, fermenting and curing.
5. Winter Garden Planning Series by Lizard’s Hollow.
A great place to start to learn about extending your harvests into Winter.
The Simple Lives Thursday Blog Hop
It’s Simple Lives Thursday! My favorite day of the week where you share your tips and recipes for living a simple life. Whichever blog that you choose to link up your post, it will show up on all 5 sites! As a reminder, this blog hop is a way to share with many people your posts on what you are doing to live a simple life. Whether that’s gardening, raising urban chickens, homeschooling, sewing, making your own deodorant, or cleaning supplies… we want to know about it! If you’re into homeopathy, ways to save $ by conserving energy or other ways to live frugally… we want to know about it! If you bike, cook real food, homestead or farm… we want to know about it!
- Annette from Sustainable Eats
- Wardeh from GNOWFGLINS
- Alicia from Culinary Bliss
- Mare from Just Making Noise
Please read and follow the Simple Lives Thursday bloghop rules
1. If linking real, traditional and simple recipes, please make sure all ingredients used are whole. Such as whole grains, vegetables, legumes, meats, even sugar. In order to keep the integrity of “nourishing” food, we will delete any recipes that utilize processed, boxed foods. We are definitely not going to be ingredient policeman, however, please note that this is a hop hosted by advocates of the real, local and sustainable food movements.
2. Please link your posts back to one of the hosting blogs. This is a common blog hop courtesy. This link helps build the Simple Lives Thursday community by sending your readers to all of the other participants posts. We all end up sharing and learning from each other.