Thanks for stopping by and linking up your Simples Lives post to our weekly blog hop.
The Twitter Chat!
There’s a lot of great stuff in the works for our first twitter chat to commemorate one year of Simple Lives Thursday.
Please save the date!
This coming Tuesday, July 26th at 2:30-3:30pm Pacific Time / 4:30-5:30pm Central Time.
Our hashtag for the event will be #simplelives.
We’ve got some great giveaways during the chat: a poster from Annette, homemade granola from Alicia, “The Herbal Kitchen” book by Kami McBride, a Punk Domestics t-shirt, and the grand prize is a 6-month membership to the classes at GNOWFGLINS eCourse.
In the meantime make sure to follow the hosts of Simple Lives on Twitter to stay in the loop!
After our Twitter Chat, the hosts of SLT will be dedicated to one giveaway a month to our featured posts bloggers! So link up and continue to inspire us for another year to come!
Featured Posts from Last Week’s Submissions
For our featured posts, please grab the badge above and display it on your site! Link it to one of the host blogs’ posts for that specific week that you were featured.
1. Cooking With Heritage Breed Chickens by Homemade Alaska.
This is a great guide on raising heritage breed chickens for meat as people did in days past.
2. Lavender Vinegar by The Purposed Heart.
At least one of us, and probably more, can’t wait to try this as a rinse for laundry AND hair. So simple and easy!
3. Canning CSA & Zucchini Relish by Little Blog on the Prairie.
A great recipe and fantastic concept!
4. Homemade Bag Balm by Prairie Sunrise.
Marg decided to make her own bag balm to save money and avoid petroleum based commercial bag balms. She says it was easy and cheap and we believe it!
5. Varicose Veins — What To Do Naturally by Jo’s Health Corner.
Jo covers a broad range of natural treatments for mild to severe varicose veins.
The Simple Lives Thursday Blog Hop
It’s Simple Lives Thursday! My favorite day of the week where you share your tips and recipes for living a simple life. Whichever blog that you choose to link up your post, it will show up on all 5 sites! As a reminder, this blog hop is a way to share with many people your posts on what you are doing to live a simple life. Whether that’s gardening, raising urban chickens, homeschooling, sewing, making your own deodorant, or cleaning supplies… we want to know about it! If you’re into homeopathy, ways to save $ by conserving energy or other ways to live frugally… we want to know about it! If you bike, cook real food, homestead or farm… we want to know about it!
- Annette from Sustainable Eats
- Wardeh from GNOWFGLINS
- Alicia from Culinary Bliss
- Mare from Just Making Noise
Please read and follow the Simple Lives Thursday bloghop rules
1. If linking real, traditional and simple recipes, please make sure all ingredients used are whole. Such as whole grains, vegetables, legumes, meats, even sugar. In order to keep the integrity of “nourishing” food, we will delete any recipes that utilize processed, boxed foods. We are definitely not going to be ingredient policeman, however, please note that this is a hop hosted by advocates of the real, local and sustainable food movements.
2. Please link your posts back to one of the hosting blogs. This is a common blog hop courtesy. This link helps build the Simple Lives Thursday community by sending your readers to all of the other participants posts. We all end up sharing and learning from each other.