Is it really the beginning of January again? Goodness, as we get older these years really do fly by… don’t they?
My boys keep getting older and as they do I keep telling them to quit growing, to stay little.
It doesn’t seem to work so I continually try to store every little sweet memory. As much as my heart hurts seeing them turn from toddlers to little boys, I absolutely adore our newfound conversations.
Listening to their thoughts, the way they learn, and especially when Nehemiah say’s, “that’s what I was thinking about mama.”
I’m four months along with my third child and what’s most exciting is seeing how excited the boys are for their new sibling. Nehemiah hugs my belly while Ezekiel gives it a pat.
We’re hoping for a sister but another brother would suit our family just fine. (Certainly Gabe would not mind another boy 😉
Now that I’m into my second trimester and feeling much more like myself, I’m excited to roll into 2012.
With the beginning of each year comes new resolutions and goals.
2012 New Years Resolutions
1. Start and submit my book proposal. This is one of my main resolutions that I completely slacked on last year. I’ve been kind of cautious to share it with anyone but you know what, I’d appreciate it if you would keep me accountable and ask me where I’m at with it. I don’t really wish to go into much detail about what the book will be about just yet but what I can share is that I want it to include my aging family in Spain. My Tita’s are in their late eighties, early nineties. I want to make this project a priority before I don’t have the opportunity to spend that sweet time with them.
2. Create lists and charts to organize my life. I am a completely Type A person. I live life by the swing of my pants. When it comes to getting things done, I work best under pressure so I tend to procrastinate. It’s the artist in me. Hence the book proposal. Without a firm deadline, I put things off. I know I will never be a full on organized junkie, but I do want to create deadlines for myself. I feel if I create charts for my menu planning, cleaning, blog schedule, work schedule and family I can begin to prioritize.
Guess what that means readers, I’ll be offering free downloadable charts soon. I have one in the works, that I think you’ll love!
3. Spend time with the Lord every morning. Since I became pregnant and started experiencing nausea and exhaustion I slacked in my morning devotionals/reading. No Jesus leads to a crappy day, nuff said.
4. Open up an Etsy store. I’ve been wanting to do this for quite some time. I have a few things that I’d like to start selling. I’ll be creating my own screen prints to sell as posters and t-shirts. I just want to start with 2 designs and see how they do. I’ve also recently taken up crochet and love it. I may offer baby booties, hats and things like that. I’m also considering making some candles and salves with essential oils. Timewise, we’ll see how far I get on this resolution 😉
5. To learn more about homeopathy, it’s remedies, and aromatheraphy. Last year was my first year I really started to dig into homeopathy. I’m really enjoying learning about herbs it’s medicinal properties and how to help my children naturally when they fall into different ailments.
6. To cut down on my gardening. What?! I know, sounds crazy… right?! With 3 areas in the city that I garden in, I need to cut back in this area especially that I’ll be having a baby in June. What I will be doing this year is maximizing my space at home. It’s SO much easier to tend to gardens when they’re right outside my window. This year, I’m excited to grow my urban homestead right at home.
7. Restart my Spain in Iowa newsletter. I’ll be planning on sending out a monthly newsletter so sign up below!
So this is my list of resolutions that I’d like to try and accomplish this year. We’ll see how I do 😉
So what’s in store for you this year?
Please feel free to share your resolutions in the comments below. If you haven’t said hello, please do, I’d love to meet you and grow this amazing community of kindred spirits. If you haven’t had a chance to follow the Spain in Iowa page on facebook, please do. It’s there that I can keep in touch with you directly!
I’m wishing you all an amazing 2012 filled with His love!