God’s Plan, Not Mine

This has been one of the most trying weeks I’ve had in a long time.  It’s funny how God works.  I was visiting a blog I enjoy, Michelle of Give A Girl A Fig, and the image above was posted on one of her posts.  I needed to hear that today (thanks for sharing that Michelle) and thought I’d share it with anyone else who may need to hear it as well.

Although I often don’t understand, I’m standing on his promises.

Matthew 6:25-34

25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?

28 “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, 29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?

31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of God[a] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

Yes, I’m ready to start a new week.

Have a blessed Sunday.

15 Responses to "God’s Plan, Not Mine"
  1. Suzanne Zufferey Noguchi says:

Thank you, this is exactly what I needed to hear today !

2. I’m pondering it too. I think He is about to orchestrate some stuff for us that isn’t what we’d have chosen, but might be a lot better in the end. We’ll see. :)

3. I’m pondering it too. I think He is about to orchestrate some stuff for us that isn’t what we’d have chosen, but might be a lot better in the end. We’ll see. :)

4. Jenny says:

Ditto. Ttts

5. There is a lot of solace in this post, and I am grateful to have had a chance to stop and read it.

6. Karyn Young Arnold says:

Exactly what I needed cousin! Thanks

7. Katie says:

Thanks, for the reminder. God and I are sorting through a lot of things right now. The quote remindes me of Mare’s post last year about embracing the life that God has given you. (Great post if you didn’t read it.) I need to remember that this is the life that God has planed and given me and stop worring so much about the future. One day at a time. Thank you again! Blessings!

8. Kathryn says:

I found your post in a Food Blogs email and am so happy I did. Perfect to start the week. Bonus was getting to peek at your amazing recipes – many of which my family will love – especially your paella. Perfect recipe! Blessings.

9. Grace says:

Diana, you are a fresh spirit to me.

10. Carolyn says:

I so needed this reminder! Blessings for you and yours!!

11. Mely says:

These verses should be an everyday remainder for me.

Te envio un abrazo,

Mely

12. yep, that’s the story of my life! LOL!

13. Adrian says:

Thank you for posting this. This is very inspiring. Always think and be thankful for your blessings.

14. Brittany P. says:

So true, so very true. It’s in the valleys that we grow. If we never faced trials then we could never overcome them and triumph. Have a blessed week.