All newborn images by Lisa Cumings of Lisa Cumings Photography

It’s incredible to believe that my baby girl will be one month old this week.

It’s been a complete joy taking some time off to be there for her unconditionally.

elisa3_lowres

This first month has been pure happiness.

She’s been a wonderful baby and I’m treasuring every moment as I’m pretty sure this will be my last time to nurse and cuddle a newborn.

elisa2_lowres

I’ve had tremendous help this first month as I’ve recovered from a second natural VBAC.

Homemade meals from my wonderful home church to sleeping at my families homes during the day to catch a few winks.

I can’t thank you all enough.

This past month of recovery, rest, and joy has also rejuvenated my spirits and given me so much more to write about.

I can see why a time away is needed to spark new ideas and creativity.

I’m starting to feel like myself again as I’m getting back into the garden and kitchen.

elisa4_lowres

Within the next week I’ll be back at posting on this website. I do want to thank all of you for staying in touch with me and sending me such sweet emails during this time.

I am posting more frequently on my facebook page, so please feel free to visit me over there by clicking here.

27 Responses to Mi Niña, My Baby Girl

1. She’s gorgeous, Diana!! I love her dark hair. Congratulations.
    Shaina (Food for My Family) recently posted..No Posts Were Found!

2. She is lovely! Such adorable photos.

3. Esta HERMOSA la niña, pero divina! Congrats again on such a beautiful addition to your already gorgeous family! Enjoy these special, quiet moments with your girl. :)
    Kimberly @ Poor Girl Eats Well recently posted..Recipe: Blueberry-Cream Cheese Pie with Shortbread Crust

4. Winnie says:

Diana,
    She is so beautiful and I am so happy for you and your family. What a blessing :)
    Winnie recently posted..Roasted Strawberry and Basil Agua Fresca

5. She is so precious! Glad you enjoyed your time off and spending her first month with her. I think I am planning to try to do the same in October when ours arrives. Hoping it will also bring some new inspiration!
    Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction recently posted..Cocoa Pumperickel Waffles

6. Paloma says:

Preciosa!!! Thanks for sharing! Congratulations! :)
    Paloma recently posted..Tuesday of Quotes and a "Brand" New Collaboration!

7. The pictures are beautiful. So glad it is going well for you. What a blessing! I hope the boys are loving their baby sister. I know my two can’t stop giving their baby sister kisses and they both want to hold her all the time. Such a fun time when baby and momma are healthy.
    Therese – Artistta recently posted..The amazing experience of the birth of our little girl Amayah

8. SO GLAD she’s got the Latina looks!!! She’s adorable. Keep on enjoying her ;) Can’t wait to meet her and catch up with you when we visit DSM.
    Mare @ just-making-noise recently posted..Easy Mango Blackberry Swirl Ice Cream Pie {nut, dairy & grain-free crust!}

9. judi says:

diana,
    she is SO sweet! congratulations on this beautiful life you have been blessed with.
    judi

10. Congratulations for this lovely blessing!

11. Vicky Carlson says:

Congratulations! What a sweet joy! :)

12. maetiare says:

Primeramente felicitarte por tu blog que sigo desde hace tiempo a través de mis feeds y aunque no participo activamente no me pierdo ni una y segundo enhorabuena por esa preciosidad de niña … guapísima.

un saludo desde Valencia

maetiare
    maetiare recently posted..Helado cremoso de frutos rojos

Thanks for the sweet comments everyone!

14. DebbieM says:

Congrats! So precious! My dear daughter and I have a wonderful friendship. I hope you’ll experience that blessing as well….

15. theresa hays says:

Felicidades! Que linda!

16. Tien says:

She is just beautiful. Congrats! Tien

17. What an absolute angel! Thank you for sharing her with us. Blessings to you and your family!
    Hugs,
    Megan
    Megan @ MAID in Alaska recently posted..Orange Creamsicle Popsicles (dairy free/refined sugar free/vegan, Paleo & GAPS friendly)

18. Karen says:

She is gorgeous! Congratulations and blessings, xx

19. She’s beautiful, Diana!! Congrats to you and thanks for sharing the lovely pictures. Enjoy your precious child. :-)

20. Mely says:

Blessings the to 3 times blessed mother.

Sending you my prayers and best wishes to you and your family.

What a lovely gift from God you got.

Besos,

Mely

21. frost says:

she is so adorable:)

22. [...] of this year, I wasn’t sure how my gardens were going to turn out since I was due to have my baby girl in early [...]

23. Elisa is perfect!