Get ready, this is A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa’s strawberry week. With so many freshly picked strawberries from turtle farm, I did the best I could to eat them fresh and use them up in homemade recipes before freezing what was left. With so many strawberries to use, I decided to make a sweet jelly filled topping for puff pastry! light and flaky sweet sensation! Enjoy!
Strawberry Apple Puffed Sensation
- 3 small apples sliced (I used organic fuji apples, so sweet!)
- 1 cup whole strawberries cut into quarters
- 2 tbls butter or if you like a hint of coconut, coconut oil.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 recipe puff pastry
For the topping
- In a small saucepan add the sliced apples and 2 tbls butter over medium heat. Bring to a sizzle and cover for 10 minutes or until soft. (This will add natural pectin to the sauce creating a light jelly)
- Add the quartered strawberries and honey and mash until the strawberries and apples break down and a yummy sauce has been formed. Heat for an additional 5 minutes.
For the dough