Registration for Spain in Iowa’s Traditional Menu Plan with a Shopping List will start next week.
Before I officially open up the registration, I want to share with you what the menu plan will be and what it will consist of.
Since I started writing A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa nearly four years ago, I’ve been blessed to meet many people throughout this entire nation, and world. Over the years, I’ve been able to notice the differences in how we eat food that exist culturally between many different countries.
One of the key things that I’ve realized is that within the United States we eat far to few whole foods including fruits and vegetables. If you have followed my website for a while, you are familiar that my family eats many vegetables particularly during the growing seasons.
Spain in Iowa’s Traditional Menu Plan is going to be much more than just recipes sent to you every week, but lessons on eating and preparing whole foods in season.
I am going to share with you the way my family has taught me to think about food.
- Using fresh vegetables for every meal
- Using cheaper sources of protein such as legumes and eggs
- Using real fats like extra virgin olive oil, lard, butter, and coconut oil
- Using lesser known cuts of meat to save money
- Using odd bits for nourishment
- Using homemade stock
- Tips and techniques to never waste food (we will purposefully reuse food into other meals)
- Slowing Down To Respect and Enjoy Real Food